GEOMETRIC POWER LIMITED
Geometric Power Limited is a leading investor and developer of Electric Power and Utility projects in Nigeria and Sub-Saharan Africa, with its headquarters located in Abuja, Nigeria. The Company’s vision is to become the premier power solutions provider in Sub-Saharan Africa. In part to facilitate this process, the Company is actively recruiting to create a talent pool that will enable it adopt innovative approaches to addressing the myriad project development and financing opportunities inherent in the sector. The Company is therefore recruiting for the position of Project Finance Manager to help it take advantage of this exciting opportunity.
Please Note: Non-electronic applications will not be considered by our HR Consultant. Deadline for the submission of all electronic applications is 11.30pm on Friday, April 04, 2014.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by our HR Consultant.
Position: Project Finance
Job Code: PFM001
- Help develop the criteria for screening project designs
- Participating in strategy and project planning
- Source for Investors, EPCs and Contractors for projects
- Developing complex financial models & forecasting
- Negotiating term sheets with lenders and equity investors
- Extensive Interface with Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission and other regulatory agencies analyzing risks and opportunities related to proposed regulations
The key responsibilities:
- Preparation of bankable financial models and analysis for projects undertaken by the company; develop revenue and cost forecasts and calculate a wide range of project and corporate performance matrices. The output for this will be used to support management decisions regarding investment in new assets as well as negotiations with investors, equipment manufacturers and debt providers;
- Assist in securing various types of financings, including equity, debt and appropriate finance instruments for each project; providing detailed project development plan for each project;
- Provide regular status updates regarding the completion of all project deliverables for each project on time, within budget, and to a level of quality that is acceptable to the project developers and stakeholders;
- Assist in providing oversight and management support in the execution of the organisation’s role during the various phases of each project. This includes the project development phase, up to financial close; the construction phase up to commissioning; and the operations & maintenance phase of each project;
- Support the development of the organisation’s expansion of power sector projects and in the overall energy sector of Nigeria and Sub Saharan Africa;
- Collaborate with individuals, Partners and Consultants of the company to manage the organisation’s project development process and other activities to ensure efficient utilization of resources in conformity with acceptable operating standards;
- Champion the utilization of relevant technology to create advantages for the organization, and achieve the functional and corporate goals of the Company;
- Liaise with regulatory authorities for sanctions and approvals;
- Conduct financial analysis of similar companies and/or project benchmarking ratios and performance tracking;
- Compiling and preparing cost and performance reports for as per cost accounting record rule (CARR), cost benefit analysis and critical analysis of cost reports; recommending necessary corrective actions;
- Any other assignments to be determined by Management.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes/credentials:
- BSc Accounting or Finance
- MBA in Business Management/ Project Finance
- 7 years’ work experience in Finance Related roles
- Strong financial modeling experience
- Strong Vendor Management / Key Stakeholder Project Management
- Provide Implementation Support in a Global Environment
- Expertise with the practices of multilateral lenders
- Knowledge and understanding of macro-economic trends that affect capital intensive infrastructure assets and various financing strategies for these investments.
- A self-motivator that requires minimal supervision. Must be someone to require minimal “follow-up” to meet timelines
- Ability to work with various levels/groups in the organization, work complex tasks as well as administrative/mundane task
- Excellent critical thinking skills and self-empowered to bring issue to resolutions
- Knowledge or familiarity with debt instruments with respect to tenor, interest rates & fees and a solid understanding of the relevant underlying considerations
- The ability to manage multiple projects and the drive to succeed in a fast paced and high growth environment.
- PMP – Project Management Professional Certification
- CPA – Certified Public Accountant or its equivalent